RECIPE #6: AVOCADO TOAST

 This recipe can be as intricate or simple as you wish. This can make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner and it is very quick to make. Step one is to toast your bread either just in the toaster or on a pan with some butter. You can use any bread but I prefer to use sourdough and toast it on the stove. Next, mash one avocado and be sure to use one that is ripe enough. I hate the taste of under ripe avocados. In the mashed avocado I like to add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and occasionally lemon pepper, but any seasonings you prefer will work. Then for some protein I like egg on my toast. Fried or scrambled are my favorite ways to prepare my eggs but poached or over easy also sounds good. While the egg is cooking, spread the avocado mixture on however many pieces of toast you would like and however thick of a layer of avocado you would like. Top the toast with the egg and any other toppings you would like and enjoy! My favorite extra toppings are red pepper flakes, tomatoes and feta cheese. If you like smoked salmon, unlike me, that would also be a great option for this recipe. This is a great recipe for roommates to make together because you can customize it so easily. It also it a great healthy and nutritious meal. I prefer it for breakfast or lunch but it could totally be made for dinner as well! I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts