RECIPE #3: Protein Lasagna Cup

 This is a great single serving recipe that is packed with protein. I used my leftover ground turkey from the taco salad recipe but if you don't any coked it is super quick and easy to use in multiple recipes for the week! Just cook the ground turkey on a stove top with your favorite seasonings, I think something with Italian flavors would be best for this recipe but any would work. Additionally, I would add some white onion when cooking the ground turkey for more flavor. While the turkey is cooking boil a pot of salted water for the pasta. I used a single serving of Banza chickpea noodles for extra protein and cooking for seven minutes. If you don't like Banza noodles you can use any other kind. I rinsed the noodles in cold water when they were done cooking because the chickpea noodles often leaves a layer of foam. Next, in a microwave safe bowl add your noodles, 1/4 cup ground turkey (or however much you prefer), 1/4 cup pasta sauce, one large spoonful of cottage cheese and anything other seasonings. The seasonings I used were Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes for spice. Using cottage cheese instead makes this recipe even heathier and adds more protein. If you don't like cottage cheese you can also use ricotta cheese or another cheese. After mixing that all together I topped mine with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Next, microwave for a minute and thirty seconds and enjoy! I loved this recipe and if you have no room for leftovers in your fridge this is a great single serving and quick recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts