RECIPE #4: Chickpea Blondies

This super easy and healthy dessert recipe may sound intimidating but if you didn't know the ingredients you would have no clue it was made from chickpeas! I was hesitant about this recipe and didn't think I would like it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results! Step one is to thoroughly rinse a can of chickpeas. This is the most important step and the better rinsed off the juice is, the better the blondies will taste. Once they are rinsed, pour the chickpeas in a blender. Also in the blender, add 1/3 cup of any nut butter (I used peanut butter), 1/2 maple syrup and two teaspoons of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and pour in a bowl. Then, combine 1/3 cup of almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon basking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. After this is combined well, fold in any type of chocolate chips. I used milk chocolate chunks. Pour the batter and spread evenly in a greased 9x9 pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around twenty minutes. I found these best to heat warm, either fresh of of the oven or microwaved, with a scoop of ice cream or cool whip. If you prefer brownies rather than blondies you can add a few tablespoons of coco powder. If you found your blondies to not be sweet enough for your liking I would recommended adding a tablespoon of coconut or granulated sugar. Another fun way to switch up this recipe would be to add butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips. I gave a piece of mine to my family and had them guess the secret ingredient and they had no clue they were made with chickpeas, and they were pleasantly surprised how good a healthier version of a dessert could be. I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts