RECIPIE #8: GREEK CHICKEN BOWLS

Greek food has also been one of my favorites. The food is so flavorful and fresh. This recipe is great for prepping meals ahead of time for the rest of the week. I used a combination of rice and lettuce for the base of my bowls but you can choose whichever you prefer. Quinoa would also work as a base. Step one is to start working on your chicken. Marinate the chicken in olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, dried oregano, dries basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Over night works best to marinate the chicken but if you have only 30 minutes even that will do. I chose to cook my chicken in the air fryer but if you prefer the stove or oven those work great as well. I cooked my chicken breasts at 380 for 7 minutes on one side the flipped and cooked for another 5 minutes. Next cook your rice depending on the directions on your packaging. I then began to prep all of the toppings for my bowl. I sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. To assemble my bowl I first added a scoop of rice, then a handful of lettuce. Then I topped with my veggies and slices of chicken. I then added some feta crumbles and more red pepper flakes on top. I chose to then drizzle with Greek salad dressing but tzatziki or hummus also would have been great. I hope you enjoy and feel free to add any other toppings or dressings you think would match this recipe! 

Comments

Popular Posts