RECIPE #2: Taco Salad

This recipe is great because it is very customizable and easy to share with roommates. You can add or subtract any ingredients that you love or hate. I made each ingredient separately then combined in a bowl when I was ready to eat. This makes this recipe great if you are sharing with roommates because you can add however much of each ingredient you each prefer! I started by cooking some ground turkey on the stove with taco seasoning and diced white onion. If your prefer ground beef or chicken those would also work great with this recipe. Once the meat was started I boiled some water to cook the rice. When the rice was finished cooking I added some cilantro for more flavor. I then chopped some lettuce, red onion and tomato. I also decided I wanted black beans and white corn for my bowl. To assemble my bowl, I first added a layer of the cilantro rice, then a layer of lettuce and then about 1/4 cup of ground turkey. I then sprinkled the beans, corn, onions, tomatoes and extra cilantro for my toppings. Cheese or avocado would also have been very good on this bowl, but I didn't have either. To make the salad less dry, I made a cilantro and lime ranch dressing. I used a buttermilk ranch that was already in my fridge and just added chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Salsa or sour cream would have also been a good option. I really enjoyed this recipe because of how easy it was to make and the fact that you can use whatever you have at home to make it to your liking. It was also very easy to cook a large amount of the ground turkey which I am going to use for a pasta later in the week. I hope you enjoy!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts