RECIPE #5: SPAGHETTI SQUASH

I was initially very hesitant to try spaghetti squash for the first time, but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't agree with the people that say it is just like eating regular spaghetti, but I do really like it. I love that this recipe takes only a few minutes of work then the oven does the rest. The hardest part is just cutting the squash in half. I cut my squash in the long direction but both ways work. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After you cut your squash in half, scoop out the seeds and discard of them. On a pan, place the two halves of the squash with the cut side facing upwards. Next, drizzle the squash with olive oil and spread evenly. Throw into the squash, halved or whole cherry tomatoes, diced white onion, and and a half block of Boursin cheese. Then, bake in the oven four about one hour. If the cheese begins to brown too much cover with tin foil. Once the the squash is out of the oven, use a fork to shred and stir the ingredients. You can also always add more seasonings but the Boursin cheese has a lot of flavor. I think red pepper flakes would add some nice spice to this. This recipe is super easy, tasty and also helps you to get in your veggies for the day! 

Comments

Popular Posts