RECIPE #7: SUN DRIED TOMATO GNOCCHI

 I LOVE gnocchi. I will take it over pasta any day. A lot of people have never tried it and they really should. It is like a fluffy potato/ pasta ball, who wouldn’t want that? I love experimenting with different sauces and this was my most recent and it was amazing! I started by cooking diced white onions and minced garlic in some butter on the stove. One the onions were browned, I diced up some sun dried tomatoes and added it too the pan along with some of the oil from the tomatoes. After that cooks down a little, add heavy cream and mix until you get your desired ratio of cream to tomato. You can really add too much or too little of anything in the recipe. If you wanted a more creamy sauce just be sure to add less tomatoes or if you really wanted to taste the flavor of the sun dried tomatoes just add less cream. Once this thickens a little I add my seasonings. I used red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Make sure to taste as you go and add whatever you think it is missing. Once the sauce is flavored to your liking, add cherry tomatoes and spinach. Once the spinach and tomatoes wilt the sauce is done. Also feel free to add any type of protein to the sauce. I used ground turkey but I think chicken or sausage also would have been great. Once the sauce is done just turn the stove on low and let it simmer while you boil the gnocchi. My packaging said to boil the gnocchi for only two minutes but another rule on thumb is when they ride the the top of the water they are done. Drain the water and combine the sauce and gnocchi. I served this with roasted zucchini and onions and it was amazing! I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts